What Is Solar Window Film?
Solar window film is a type of window tint made from polyester laminate. It is used on windows for a variety of reasons. Solar window film coats the windows on both sides. On one side, you have a coating that is resistant to scratches. On the other side, you get an adhesive layer that attaches to the window’s glass. Solar films are especially ideal for windows that get a lot of sun exposure and heat. These films help reduce heat and prevent sun glare. The transparent film coating helps prevent harmful UV rays from damage. Modern technology has allowed solar films to be more efficient and eliminate common previous issues. Nowadays, solar films are more affordable, durable and can even be visually appealing. Here, All Pro Window Tinting discusses solar window film and why you should invest in it today!
Why Should You Invest Today?
In general, the biggest benefit of solar window film is that it allows you to enjoy your home or office space without worry. Here are a few ways these films can contribute to your peace of mind.
- Protection From UV Rays – Harmful UV rays can be harmful to your home or business. With solar film for residential windows, you can reduce the sun’s radiation by up to 99%. UV rays can damage your furniture, carpets, artwork and window treatments over time, but a solar window film can help minimize this damage.
- Save Money On Bills – Solar window film ensures that your windows prevent heat buildup inside your home or business. This can help lower your monthly energy bills, allowing you to budget the saved money for other needs.
- Enhanced Security – While residential or commercial security film offers the best safety measures, solar films offer some amount of protection as well. A UV window film can limit visibility from potential thieves. It also adds an extra layer of protection across your windows. These films make the glass more difficult to break, which can minimize or limit the damage to your property in the case of a break-in or a natural disaster.
- Reduce Glare – Working in an office building, or even working from home can be difficult when the sun’s glare messes with your sight. Blocking the sun’s rays with window tints can alleviate this glare, making you or your team more productive.
- Additional Privacy – Solar film for home windows or office spaces can add an extra level of privacy, especially if you live in a high-traffic area. These films allow you to look outside, but they make it difficult for passers-by to see into your property.
Things To Consider
You may be wondering what else you should know before investing in these property add-ons. Make sure to keep the following things in mind as you consider solar window film.
- Installation – Many homeowners find that a DIY job can be difficult and end in a poor installation. Measuring, cutting, and transferring the film is best done by professionals like All Pro Window Tinting.
- Costs – Solar window film is relatively inexpensive when compared to other treatments designed to block UV rays. However, your total cost will depend on the type of solar film you choose to install in the windows of your home or business.
- Warranty – Keep in mind that installing window film on certain brands of double-pane windows may void your existing warranty. It’s always a good idea to seek out a licensed professional to help you find the film best suited for your property.
Looking For Solar Film?
Whether you’re looking for top-quality sun control window film for your home or business, the professionals at All Pro Window Tinting are here to help! We’ll assist in choosing the perfect tint for your needs and schedule your installation appointment right away.