Windows are everywhere, but have you considered how much they may be costing you? At first it might seem like a strange question to ask, but with prices rising left and right it pays to save on every aspect of your life. Windows cause an excessive amount of energy waste due to their lack of insulation. According to the Department of Energy, about 30% of a home’s heating energy is lost through windows. In the cooling seasons, about 76% of all sunlight that falls on standard double-pane windows enters to become heat. Window coverings may help with the loss of energy, but window tinting has proven to be the best method when it comes to reducing energy consumption and saving money.
What Is It?
Window tint is a thin, clear, plastic film that is installed on the inside of your home’s windows. It is virtually invisible and can block up to 99% of UV Rays. Window films are applied to the glazing surface (part of a wall or window made of glass) and block against solar heat, glare, and ultra-violent exposure. They are best used in climates with long cooling seasons since they block the heat from the sun during wintertime. Films usually consist of three layers: an adhesive layer that sits against the glass, a polyester film layer, and a scratch-resistant coating. They can be applied as a do-it-yourself method, but due to the tricky and permanent nature of window film, it is recommended that a professional like All Pro does the installation for you.
There are a few different types of window tints to choose from. Solar film isn’t the only type of window film available for your home, so it’s best to make sure you are choosing the correct type.
- Solar Film/Low-E Film/Home-Tinting—block heat by keeping out the sun’s rays. They can be used to block up to 99% of damaging ultraviolent radiation and allow your home to stay cool and comfortable in the summer.
- Decorative/Obscure Film—is a thin film used to change the aesthetic of how a window looks. The most common ones have frosting or etching effects that can be easily added without the cost of replacing or modifying the existing glass. They are hard to see through and increase privacy.
- Safety/Security Film—is another way to contribute to the well-being of your home. The impact-resistant glass contains an interlayer that helps hold the glass together if it is shattered. This prevents flying debris. Tempered insulating glass options are toughened or strong, similar to automobile windshields, and prevent injuries.
Why Choose Window Film?
In Atlanta, sun damage occurs constantly. It even can indirectly damage the interior of your home. The sun can destroy your furniture, floors, and even those precious items with intense UV rays, heat, and exposure. Don’t let this become a problem in your house or home.
All Pro Window Tinting has the home window film solution you’re looking for! Whether the film is needed for glare, heat or fading, a home window tinting solution is possible. Our residential consultants provide a free house window tinting estimate and give you the utmost in customer service and guarantee your satisfaction. All Pro Window Tinting has a complete line of home window films to handle any type of solar need and focuses on reducing energy consumption.
Adding window tint to your home is one of the most beneficial improvements you can make. Window film allows you to keep your home cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, protect your interior and furniture from harmful UV Rays, increase privacy from strangers, and enhance the overall aesthetics of your home. Since window tint helps keep the inside temperature consistent, it allows your HVAC system to work more efficiently and fluctuate less frequently, ultimately resulting in lowered energy costs.
- Reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Increase comfort!
- Reduce glare on televisions and computer screens.
- Create privacy even though virtually clear.
- Filter out 99% of the UV rays.
- Inferred Radiation rejection.
- Manufacturer-backed warranty.
If you are interested in receiving residential window tinting anywhere in Atlanta, Georgia—call All Pro.
Reducing Energy Consumption With All Pro
All Pro Window Tinting offers a variety of solar control films, safety and security films, as well as countertop protection for all your office or residential needs. Whether you are trying to reduce heating and cooling costs, protect your furniture and valuables, diminish glare, or just give your home that new look, All Pro Window Tinting can make it happen. Our consultants provide a free window tinting estimate and give you the utmost in customer service and guarantee your satisfaction. Contact us to learn more about our residential window tinting services.