Although natural sunlight offers plenty of positives for your home, there are several downsides to letting the light shine in—increased energy costs, excessive heat, glare, and the fading of interior furnishings. By eliminating or reducing these negative effects, residential window films allow you to bask in the benefits of your windows, ultimately renovating the comfort and efficiency of your home. Listed below are some of the main benefits of residential window tinting.
- Energy Efficient: Tinting minimizes heating and cooling loss through windows, thus increasing energy savings. One of the primary benefits to tinting the windows in your home is lowering your energy bills. Window films minimize heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer, which ultimately saves you money on fuel and electricity. It also lowers the loss of air conditioning during the hotter months.
- Healthier for your skin: Window tinting cuts back on the sun’s damaging UV rays by over 90%. Most people don’t think about the need to protect their skin from the sun when they are inside their own home. However, installing window films is a simple way to protect your family from the sun’s damaging UV rays when you are indoors. You can greatly diminish your risk of skin-related health problems by getting window films installed in your home.
- Safety: Window films are safer than normal windows because they prevent injury and damage from broken glass. The safety and security features of window films are an added bonus to installing window films. When a window that does not have a protective window film is broken, glass fragments are shattered and spread throughout the room with risk of personal injury. Tinted windows are also more resistant to breakage from day-to-day bangs and bumps. Even if a window gets a hole or is broken or damaged the window film keeps your home sealed off from the elements.
- Furniture Friendly: Window tinting protects carpets, drapes and furniture from fading. Window films provide the opportunity to have light fill a room without compromising the view by always needing to have the curtains closed just to prevent the sun from damaging the furniture. Window films can greatly reduce the fading caused by the sun on your fabrics, carpet, artwork and wood. If fading has been a concern for you, then you should invest in window films so you can enjoy the light without the fear of furniture damage.
- No more window glares: Window films will reduce window glares that can be bothersome. Too much light coming in through your windows can sometimes create a glare that makes it difficult to work or relax without closing the blinds. Window tinting significantly reduces the glare, allowing you to make the most of the sunlight.
- Decorative: Window tinting can also add a decorative element to your home. Window films can imitate the look of expensive windows, but at a much lower cost.
There are numerous benefits to installing residential window films in your home. While damaged or deteriorating windows simply have to be replaced, All Pro residential window tinting provides an affordable alternative to replacement when your goal is to improve energy efficiency. Installing window films is an easy and affordable way to go Green, and with the money you will be saving on your energy bills, those window films will pay for themselves in no time.
Here at All Pro Window Tinting, we specialize in window tinting and window films for offices, homes, and automobiles. If you are interested in window films or window tinting, you can visit our website for more helpful information on how window films might benefit you specifically. Contact us today for more information.